INFORMATION FOR REFERRING VETS
We are pleased to accept referrals 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We offer referral services for lameness investigations, medical investigations and both orthopaedic and emergency surgeries including colic sugery.
Our purpose built hospital has on site 24 hour nursing and veterinary attention. American style stabling (Equipped for mares and foals, post colic surgery and an isolation unit, plus individual turnout paddocks). We are well placed to offer a high quality hospitalisation service. We have a dedicated veterinary team who will offer excellent veterinary care and keep both owners and referring veterinary surgeons informed throughout. We also, where indicated, work closely with visiting specialists;
- Geoff Lane BVetMed, DESTS, FRCVS, (RCVS Specialist in Equine Surgery) (Wind Surgery)
- Tim Phillips BVetMed, CertEP, CertEO, DESTS, Dipl.ECVS, MRCVS (RCVS specialist in equine surgery) (Orthopaedic Surgery)
- Jim Carter BVetMed, DV Ophthalmology MRCVS, (RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Ophthalmology) (Ophthalmology)
- Dr Mark Patteson VetMB MA DVC CertVR PhD MRCVS (RCVS specialist in Veterinary Cardiology)
- Chris Pearce CertEM (Int med) CertES (soft tissue) BAEDT MRCVS
- Ollie Crowe BVSc CertES (Orth) DipECVS MRCVS (European Specialist in Equine Surgery)
Referral services offered include:
- Colic Surgery
- Joint Sepsis (including arthroscopic lavage where indicated)
- Intensive neonatal care
- Medical investigations
- Lameness Investigations
- Orthopaedic surgery (video arthroscopy)
- Laproscopic surgery
- Laser surgery
- 'Wind' surgery
- Advance dentistry and periodontal procedures
- Closed castrations and cryptorchidectomy (rig surgery) under general anaesthesia
- Poor performance assessments including overground endoscopy where appropriate
- Chilled and frozen semen artifical insemination and investigation into poor fertility
- Foaling and caesarian section
Please Contact us at the hospital for immediate referrals or you may wish to contact Chris Johannson ,Simon Joyner or Alison Bennell directly to discuss individual cases. Alternatively you can email your referral, including relevant clinical history,radiographs and any further diagnostic information.
We will accept referrals only on an ethical basis after prior contact with referring veterinary surgeons. Once the patient has been discharged, copies of discharge instructions are faxed to referring practices and a full veterinary report is subsequently sent. As part of our commitment to ethical referrals we will not provide first opinion veterinary services to any referred client for at least 12 months following referral.
We run CPD events throughout the year and produce referring veterinary newsletters regularly.